[Air-L] social computing for business

violah violahl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 08:30:20 PDT 2010

Dear All,
As I am going to develop a new course social computing for business. I would
like to hear from those colleagues who have taught this course and give me
some suggestions on this topic, especially on the material and assessment
method. I will summarize the result and make my syllabus public.

Here is my draft syllabus, I would like to hear from you.

The introduction and power of social computing

Social computing side of information technology usage within the
organization

Web 2.0 and virtual communities

Communities of practices

Communities of practices and organizational learning

Virtual community participation

Online social networking for business

Business values of virtual worlds

Knowledge management of virtual communities
User-Generated content: web and text miningng

Regards,
Honglei Li
李红蕾

Dr. Honglei Li
Lecturer in Information Systems
School of Business and Economics
Swansea University
Singleton Park
Swansea
SA2 8PP
Wales, UK
Phone: +44 01792 295680 (O) +44 0787 2653330 (M)
E-mail:HongleiLi at gmail.com <E-mail%3AHongleiLi at gmail.com>;
H.Li at swansea.ac.uk