[Air-L] Text analysis of blog posts and comment threads: discourse analysis vs. conversation analysis (gus andrews)

Theodore Plothe Z1593072 at students.niu.edu
Fri Jul 9 16:00:25 PDT 2010

Gus,
I look forward to reading you dissertation later, and I may take advantage of some of your references for a phenomena I have discover in my investigation of NFL Players and Twitter. I have a number of coda that use constructed dialogue, and thus will be implementing Gricean methods into my analysis. In a previous life as a linguist, I was a cognitive discourse analyst, most of research was in semantics through that scope. Now a communications nerd, I find myself still drawing upon linguistic principles and research.
Until next time,
Theo