[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 72, Issue 27

Jo Pierson Jo.Pierson at vub.ac.be
Mon Jul 26 03:48:12 PDT 2010

'Affordances' is indeed an interesting and powerful concept, used more
and more from an interdisciplinary perspective. Besides the excellent
references made to the seminal works, you could also check out the
following overview texts on the notion:
* Greeno, James G. (1994) 'Gibson's affordances', in Psychological
Review, 101 (2), 336-342.
* McGrenere, Joanna & Ho, Wayne (2000) Affordances: clarifying and
evolving a concept. Paper presented at 'Graphics Interface 2000', May
2000, Montreal.

In addition also Paul Dourish has discussed this notion clearly in his
inspiring book:
* Dourish, Paul (2001) Where the action is: the foundations of
embodied interaction. Cambridge: The MIT Press, 233.

Kind regards, Jo

-------------------------------------
Jo Pierson, Ph.D.
Senior Researcher
IBBT - SMIT, Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Offices: Pleinlaan 9, 2nd floor
B - 1050 Brussels
Belgium
Tel: +32 2 629 16 27
Fax: +32 2 629 17 00
E-mail: jo.pierson at vub.ac.be
http://smit.vub.ac.be
'SMIT 2010, 20 years of Research, Collaboration and Friendship'

Op 26-jul-10, om 00:00 heeft air-l-request at listserv.aoir.org het
volgende geschreven: