[Air-L] Registration for Internet Research 11.0: Sustainability, Participation, Action, Gothenburg, Sweden, October 21-23, 2010 now open

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Mon Jul 12 07:44:30 PDT 2010

Just to second Jeffrey's observation--there seems to be some
bottleneck on the reservations accessible through the site (via MCI).
Unfortunately, the deep discounters Priceline and Hotwire, which have
served me well at earlier IR meetings, don't have any arrangements
with hotels in Gothenburg. However, there are hotel rooms available,
and with a little hunting, at rates lower than those offered on the
site. I ended up finding a deal using airline miles, but also found,
e.g., economy rooms at the Gothia Towers in the $113 range, via
Kayak.com and hotels.info. And as Peter notes, there are a range of
other less expensive options in town.

Best,

Alex

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Jeffrey Keefer
<j.keefer at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
> I want to share what I learned when I booked the hotel for the conference in
> Sweden. The conference website showed that most of the hotels were already
> booked on the Saturday night, the final night of the conference, which will
> make for some tricky moving on that day.

//
// This email is
// [x] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [ ] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais, ciberflâneur
// http://alex.halavais.net
//