[Air-L] [CITASA] the cell-less future

Ho Young Yoon hoyoungemail at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:03:54 PDT 2010

Good evening!

I think the reason that Demolition Man shows the abundance of public phones
on poles and the concomittant absence of mobile phones is that it is a
panopticon society where the location of individuals can be fully tracked so
that picking up nearby phone is enough to connect others.

I also agree cell-phone can be obsolete if we see 'calling function' only.
People here use cell-phone for watching TV (DMB;Digital Mobile
Broadcasting), Internet banking, stock trading, GPS navigation in a car (or
when they ride a bike) and as a credit card (with help of SIM card
function), MP3 player and so on.

It is becoming a mobile computer (indeed, it is with CPU and memory and
network module) with more or less calling function priority.

Best

--
Ho Young Yoon
Researcher