[Air-L] Registration for Internet Research 11.0: Sustainability, Participation, Action, Gothenburg, Sweden, October 21-23, 2010 now open

Jeffrey Keefer j.keefer at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Jul 11 17:33:28 PDT 2010

I want to share what I learned when I booked the hotel for the conference in
Sweden. The conference website showed that most of the hotels were already
booked on the Saturday night, the final night of the conference, which will
make for some tricky moving on that day.

However, I found that I was able to book one of the hotels, Hotel Gothia
Towers, for the five nights (I want to attend a pre-conference and need to
stay Saturday night to fly back to New York on Sunday) directly through the
hotel, not the conference booking service, for much less than the conference
booking service was offering. I am mentioning this since there may be better
deals to be had booking directly, rather than through the package rate.
Granted, I booked an economy room instead of the standard room, but it is
just me and I do not expect to use the hotel much during the stay. Not sure
if there were any advantages using the conference booking service or not,
but it appears it is just for the hotel.

Hope some people may find this useful.

-----
Jeffrey Keefer
j.keefer at lancaster.ac.uk