[Air-L] suggestions for peer review

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Jul 12 13:05:36 PDT 2010

this is one of the things that i've been managing for years at my research center.  I look at the object then contact a few noted experts and see if they will comment.  honestly, it isn't any more difficult than getting peer reviews for an article, which isn't that easy either:)
On Jul 12, 2010, at 4:01 PM, Alex Halavais wrote:

> I am afraid I don't have a good answer, but I will add "me too" to the
> question, and maybe note that it is important to decide who you mean
> by "peers." I mention this because your question has come up in two
> different--but related--contexts for me. The first is in evaluating
> work that is not in traditional scholarly contexts (i.e., not a book
> or a journal article) for the purposes of tenure. The second is in
> reviewing the work of students both in my own program and in the new
> P2PU School of Webcraft to evaluate their work and determine if it is
> of professional quality.
>
> Would be interested in the responses you receive.
>
> Best,
>
> Alex
>

> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Tery G <teryg93 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If you were looking for someone who's qualified to look at a new media
>> package (website, email list, Facebook fan page, etc) and peer review it in
>> terms of how it meets the goals it set out to meet, who might you ask?
>>
>> I'm looking for articles in this area to see if I can find people writing
>> about it, but I'm not finding them.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Tery Griffin

>> http://www.aoir.org/
>>

> --
> --
> //
> // This email is
> // [x] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
> // [ ] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
> //
> // Alexander C. Halavais, ciberflâneur
> // http://alex.halavais.net
> //

jeremy hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research, School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (www.cipr.uwm.edu)

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://transdisciplinarystudies.tmttlt.com/  Transdisciplinary Studies:the book series