[Air-L] iPad as Research Tool

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Fri Jul 16 06:20:36 PDT 2010

I think that would be a great session. I know Mimi Ito and others have
been experimenting with Livescribe (which allows you to compare
written notes to what was spoken at a given time) for field notes. I'm
interested in worn cameras and realtime annotation of video streams.
Both raise issues of consent, not to mention analysis...

I've been skeptical of the iPad, but having played with friends', I'm
almost won over. I'm waiting for the Googlepad, mostly because I like
my devices to come pre-jailbroken, and because AppInventor may mean
fairly easy customization.

As an aside, when Swype for the iPad goes beyond rumor, that might put
me over the edge for an iPad.

Best,

Alex