[Air-L] Registration and Paypal Currency Conversion

Ted Coopman ted.coopman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 17:10:35 PDT 2010

All,

For those of you registering for AoIR 11.0 (and who isn't?) you need to be
careful of the currency conversion rate offered by Paypal. You have the
choice of using Paypal's or whatever your bank is charging. I looked twice
at it since the total in USD was quite a bit higher than I had calculated.
Many banks charge 1% (mine did) which was way less than Paypal. Paypal was
offering 1 USD = 7.02 SEK while a 1% charge rate via my bank was 7.30 SEK.

There is a link that allows you to select other conversion rates when it
converts to your home currency. Click on it and you get to choose between
the two.

I do not convert a not of currency, so I could be confused (okay, more
confused than normal). I did find some discussion on Paypals high rates for
converting currency.

I suggest you calculate your own and then make an informed choice.

-TED

--
Ted M. Coopman Ph.D.
Lecturer