[Air-L] Blizzard Forums will soon display real name

Luca Rossi luca.rossi at uniurb.it
Thu Jul 8 08:46:43 PDT 2010

Blizzard and Facebook are moving fast along the social gaming path.
This seems to be the consequence of a couple of assumption that have
been largely done during the last years:
- online experience is everyday more connected with our everyday
offline experience.
- we share online spaces with our real friends, with our class mates,
colleagues from works etc.
- we love to play with with our friends while we spend a lot of time in sns.

The battle.net 2.0 will bring the gaming experience within Blizzards
game to a new level of continuity with non-gaming online experience.
What's wrong with that? Still not sure, but I'm wondering what's going
to be the impact on the "minority" that wants to keep their gaming
experience far away from their public presence or to all the role
players out there. But those, anyway, are small numbers and I really
don't think Blizzard or FB will think about them.

l.

--
Luca Rossi
LaRiCA - Advanced Communication Laboratory
luca.rossi at uniurb.it
T. +39 0722 305726 F. +39 0722 305727
http://larica.uniurb.it/redline