[Air-L] WebSci '09

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Mon Jul 12 15:43:36 PDT 2010

G'day Barry !

Replying publicly as well - might be of interest to others on the
list, too: I attended WebSci '09 in Athens. For a flavour of the
presentations, see my conference blog at

http://snurb.info/taxonomy/term/103

Overall, this was an enjoyable event with a number of useful keynotes,
though from my perspective the humanities and social sciences tended
to be underrepresented, with computer science dominating - which tends
to result in rather too much belief in the power of technology to
address all challenges, and a lack of understanding for the
complexities of human activities online.

--
Dr Axel Bruns              http://snurb.info/ - http://produsage.org/
ARC Centre for Creative Industries and Innovation  http://cci.edu.au/
Associate Professor, Media & Communication         a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Creative Industries Faculty, Z1-515, CIP     Twitter: @snurb_dot_info
Queensland University of Technology                    +61 7 31385548
Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove, Qld. 4059, Australia       CRICOS No.: 00213J