[Air-L] CFP: MeCCSA 2011

Ben Light B.Light at salford.ac.uk
Tue Jul 20 16:10:10 PDT 2010

* Call for Submissions**
MeCCSA 2011 Conference - http://www.meccsa2011.org.uk* *
12-14 January 2011 The Lowry, Salford Quays, Salford, Greater Manchester*

The Media, Communications and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) is
the UK subject association for those researching and teaching in the
area, whether in arts, humanities or social sciences departments.

In 2011 the conference will be hosted by the Communication, Cultural and
Media Studies Research Centre which is situated within the School of
Media, Music and Performance at the University of Salford.

The conference is to be held at the award-winning theatre and arts
complex The Lowry, at Salford Quays in the city of Salford. This is
adjacent to MediaCityUK, where the BBC, the University of Salford, and
other media and creative organisations have new facilities and buildings.

As is usual, the conference will include papers, presentations of
practice, posters and panels across the range of interests represented
by the Association and its networks. Papers, posters and panels will
cover all areas of media, communication and cultural studies.

*Instructions for Authors:*

Abstracts of papers, presentations of practice and posters, no longer
than 250 words, should be submitted at http://www.meccsa2011.org.uk by
22 September in order for peer review to take place.

For panels, we require a short description and rationale for the whole
(200 words), abstracts for each of the papers (250 words each) and the
name of the person chairing. For practice proposals please ensure that
you send DVD preview material (not the whole item) with the abstract via
post (details to be provided on the conference website).  Alternatively,
include in your abstract a URL which points us to somewhere on the web
where we can see preview material.

*Poster Competition*

There will be a poster competition with a prize of £100, to be judged by
members of the MeCCSA Executive Committee. The academic poster is highly
valued by MeCCSA as an indicator of current research and there will be a
space set aside at the 2011 conference for this activity.
<http://tinyurl.com/6xn9om>

*Important Dates:*

Submission of Abstracts, Posters and Panels: 22 September 2010

Notification of acceptance: 4 October 2010

*What's Next?
*In the next few weeks we will be announcing our Plenary and Keynote
speakers.  In the meantime, get your submissions ready and do sign up
for news via our RSS feed.  You'll also be able to follow the conference
on Twitter.  Ben Light will be tweeting updates as we go along - his
username is doggyb and the conference hashtag is #meccsa2011

For further information please contact Deborah Woodman --
d.woodman at salford.ac.uk or indeed myself.

Very best wishes,

Ben.
On Behalf of the MeCCSA 2011 Organising Team

--
Ben Light
Professor of Digital Media

Tel. +44 (0)161 295 5443