[Air-L] Twitter Research

Lotte Belice lottebelice at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 04:14:55 PDT 2010

Hello Andrew (and list),

I see my hyperlink for ContextMiner did not work. Hereby the link to the website: http://www.contextminer.org.

Best,

Lotte

--- On Mon, 7/5/10, Andrew Tonge <andrewtonge at mac.com> wrote:

From: Andrew Tonge <andrewtonge at mac.com>
Subject: [Air-L] Twitter Research
To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
Date: Monday, July 5, 2010, 12:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do some research regarding the use of twitter in last year's iranian elections, trying to take into account the media hype(?) at the time and the current re-examination a year on.

Does anyone have any advice on ways to get old tweets?

I know the library of congress in now archiving them but I'm unable to find any way to access this, currently i'm using a google search (#iranelection site:twitter.com) with a specific date range to produce some data.

Furthermore, i'm trying to narrow down a methodological approach to deal with the data, i've been looking at Kozinets netnographic methods but i'm not sure how suitable they are to this kind of research.

If anyone has any advice on this, it too would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Andrew Tonge (ICT4D MSc student at Manchester UK)