[Air-L] Media coursebooks

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 21 15:12:26 PDT 2010

Hi all

I just realised I never did post the suggestions I was sent regarding books on mass media in the US (specifically, the evolution from broadcast to participatory models). In the end I did not get many suggestions, so I added a few refs myself. Hope this helps,
cheers

Mathieu    	 	 	 	 	<!-- 		@page { margin: 2cm } 		P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } 	--> 	   Benkler, Y. (2006) The Wealth of Networks. How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom. Yale : Yale University Press.
  Castells, M. (2001) The Internet Galaxy : Reflections on the Internet, Business, and Society. Oxford : Oxford University Press.
  Graber, D. (2010) Media Power in Politics. Washington DC : CQ Press.
  Herman, E. and N. Chomsky (2002) Manufacturing Consent : The Political Economy of the Mass Media. New York : Pantheon Books.
  Iyengar, S. and J. McGrady (2007) Media Politics : A Citizen's Guide. New York : W. W. Norton.
  McChesney, R. (1999) Rich Media, Poor Democracy : Communication Politics in Dubious Times. Urbana : University of Illinois Press.
  Oates, S. (2008) Introduction to Media and Politics. London : Sage