[Air-L] Studying online community

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Jun 27 12:18:28 PDT 2010

Jon Marshall wrote an extended ethnography a few years ago on Cybermind,
an email list I began with Michael Current, in 1994. It's been running
since then; Marshall was a participant both online and offline (in a 1996
Cybermind Conference in Perth, and in various fleshmeets as we called
them, in Sydney). I'd check out Living on Cybermind: Categories,
Communication, and Control, 2007. - Aalan