[Air-L] "Civil discourse, meet the internet; Internet, meet civil discourse"

Deborah Elizabeth Finn deborah_elizabeth_finn at post.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 2 10:26:57 PDT 2010

Dear AIR Colleagues,

One of the organizations I work with is the Public Conversations
Project, a nonprofit dedicated to constructively addressing conflicts
relating to values and world views.  (This might sound overly
abstract, but it's amazing.  They're the folks who brought pro-life
and pro-choice activists together into extended dialogue and turned
them into friends. See <http://ow.ly/1T9DJ>.)

They recently asked me to write them an article, and I thought you
might be interested:

"Civil discourse, meet the internet; Internet, meet civil discourse"
<http://ow.ly/1T7oV>

What are your thoughts?

Best regards from Deborah

Deborah Elizabeth Finn
Strategist and Consultant
Technology for the Nonprofit and Philanthropic Sector
Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Email: deborah_elizabeth_finn at post.harvard.edu
Blog: www.deborahelizabethfinn.com
Skype: Deborah909
Twitter: Deborah909
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/deborah909
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Deborah.Elizabeth.Finn

I bring resources and needs together for nonprofits and
philanthropies, mostly through strategic use of information
and communication technologies.