[Air-L] The Big QR > City of New York Blankets Times Square With Giant QR Codes

gerrymck gerry.mckiernan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 17:50:55 PDT 2010

To celebrate Internet Week 2010, the City of New York outfitted Times Square
with giant QR codes earlier today. It’s called “The City at Your
Fingerprints” and eleven New York agencies participated in the interactive
billboard initiative.
Times Square denizens could use their smartphone barcode scanning app to
scan the QR codes — which were featured in an animated sequence on the
Thomson Reuters building in Times Square from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET — and
pull up information relating to specific agencies being featured.

[snip]

These QR codes are certainly impressive to behold and are a nice first try
from NYC Media, the agency behind the effort. [snip]

!! Libraries > Wake Up And See The Future !!!

BTW: If You Think I've Lost Patience W/ My Colleagues That Still Live In The
20th Century > You're Correct > Get A Clue !!!

Full Story And Other Photos Available At

[ http://tinyurl.com/2592sg6 ]

!!! Thanks To Mashable Mobile For The Tweet !!!

EnJOY !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor