[Air-L] AAUP Conference Insights?

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Tue Jun 29 11:06:38 PDT 2010

This is very helpful. Clearly, we need to steal Susan Patton
(kidding!). We've been doing it largely with volunteer labor, and are
on the cusp of bringing in someone salaried to do--among other
things--much of this work. I become president of the Association next
year, and so have all sorts of grand plans. Of course, I'm sure all of
my predescessors did as well...

Thanks again,

Alex

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Alex Halavais <alex at halavais.net> wrote:
> Hi, all,
> I spoke at the American Association of University Presses meeting last week
> in SLC (only one other AoIRer there). It was a pretty good conference, and
> so I followed up with the program chair on how things were organized. It's a
> bit easier on him since they have fewer parallel sessions, and they are
> generally organized by panel organizers. However, it's similar in size to
> IR. See below.
> Best,
> Alex

//
// This email is
// [x] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.