[Air-L] DVDs for teaching internet/new media studies

Marj Kibby Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
Tue Mar 23 16:02:42 PDT 2010

Hi Holly,

I recently ordered a few new media titles from the Insight Media catalogue for the library, but haven't used them in class.

Marj

Associate Professor Marjorie Kibby
Discipline Convenor: Film, Media and Cultural Studies
School of Humanities and Social Science
The University of Newcastle  Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
+61 2 49216604

>>> "Kruse, Holly" <holly-kruse at utulsa.edu> 3/24/2010 9:45 AM >>>
Does anyone have any suggestions for recent DVDs that could be used in teaching internet studies or new media studies classes?  There are a few that I use ("IRL," "Virtual Worlds: Inside Online Games," aka "Avatars Online"... I think that's right) that are getting a bit dated, although are still great.  I am coming up with a list of more recent ones for my university's library to order.  Thanks in advance!

Holly Kruse
Faculty of Communication
The University of Tulsa
800 S. Tucker Drive