[Air-L] Fwd: Facebook data destruction

Bertil Hatt bertil.hatt at ensae.org
Thu Mar 25 13:34:57 PDT 2010

Couldn't a for-statistical-purpose-only access have been a possible option?

   I'm not familiar with handling such massive data, and I assume that could
only have made sense through a paying service, but… allowing scripts to pull
some aggregated data (say, preventing any results that didn't involve
10,000+ accounts) would have respected most privacy concerns, no?
   Having those data anywhere, hackable, is a legal risk and that enough
justifies Facebook's threats but I'm still hoping for an academic access of
this amazing database.