[Air-L] Assistant Professor in Communications & Information Design at SUNYIT in Utica, NY

KR Stam stamk at sunyit.edu
Mon Mar 8 05:15:57 PST 2010

Greetings:

The SUNY Institute of Technology (SUNYIT) is currently seeking an Assistant
Professor in Communications & Information Design to join a small but growing
faculty with interests in new media.  If you know of any relatively recent
or soon-to-be graduates, I'd appreciate if you could send this along to
them.  While we'd prefer degree-in-hand, we will give full consideration to
applications from ABDs.   I'm happy to talk with anyone who would like to
know more about SUNYIT, central New York, or this job in particular prior to
applying.

The job ad reads as follows:  "The successful candidate will teach
undergraduates in the Communication and Information Design major, and
graduate students earning an M.S. in Information Design and Technology.
Applicants should be proficient with information design theory and have
advanced new media skills, and should demonstrate a research agenda
examining the role of new and emerging media within contemporary culture. A
professional portfolio evidencing experience in new media production is
desirable. Faculty will be expected to serve both on-campus and online
learners and take an active role in the ongoing development of both
programs. PhDs desired; ABDs or theory-oriented MFAs considered.
Applications considered immediately; position open until filled."

Link to the ad and application page:
http://sunyit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=17247

More info about this job and SUNYIT:   The teaching load is 3
courses/semester, of which at least one will most likely be online.  SUNYIT
is a small, specialized campus within the SUNY system.  We currently have
about 2,500 students, with committments for about $100m in capital
construction and $75m in public-private investment in nanotechnology
facilities in the next three years.  SUNYIT is in Utica, NY, about an hour
from Syracuse, two hours from Albany, and five hours from New York, Boston
and Montreal.  Central New York has a low cost-of-living, with easy access
to extensive recreational opportunities in the Adirondack Mountains, Finger
Lakes and the Green Mountains.

Thanks so much for circulating this.

Kathryn

Kathryn Stam
Asst. Professor of Anthropology
Coordinator, Master's Program in Information Design and Technology
SUNY Institute of Technology
Utica, NY
<air-l at listserv.aoir.org>