[Air-L] Digital technologies and museum experiences – call for papers

Ditte Laursen dla at statsbiblioteket.dk
Sat Mar 20 06:35:14 PDT 2010

Call for papers: Digital technologies and museum experiences
Special issue of MedieKultur. Journal of media and communication
research.
Editors: Professor Kirsten Drotner and post.doc. Ditte Laursen,
University of Southern Denmark and DREAM

Submission deadline: August 1st, 2010
Publication date: Spring 2011

In this special issue we welcome submissions, which investigate
digital technologies and experiences in museums, galleries and science
centres. Digital technologies can be used to enhance and transform the
visitor’s experience and to extend the museum’s ability to invest the
world with meaning onsite as well as off-site. We invite papers that
take different approaches to the use of digital technologies in a
museum context. Of special interest are submissions dealing with web
2.0 technologies, digital literacy processes and/or organisational
challenges.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
•	Interaction with digital technologies in a museum context
•	Learning with digital technologies in a museum context
•	Museum’s use of digital technologies
•	Co-creation and user-generated content in museums
•	Implementation of digital technologies, change processes and
innovation in museums

For more details on the journal and how to submit, please consult
http://ojs.statsbiblioteket.dk/index.php/mediekultur/information/authors