[Air-L] [AIR-L] Eating Behaviors of World of Warcraft Players

Natalie DeWitt nkdewitt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 18:30:57 PST 2010

--------------Please pass this study onto anyone whom you think may be
interested in participation, and feel free to email me with any questions
you might have.  Thank you!-----------------

Greetings,

We would like to ask for your participation in our survey investigating food
related behaviors and participation in virtual worlds, specifically World of
Warcraft.  You may participate in the survey via the following link.  The
survey should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wowfoodstudy3

As virtual worlds continue to grow in popularity as both locations for
personal enjoyment and professional conduct, it is increasingly important
for virtual world researchers and designers to better understand the
practices of virtual world users.  Much attention has been focused on people
who play “video games” and their perceived eating habits and attitudes
towards food, but little research has been conducted to shed light on how
participation in a virtual world can affect food related behaviors.

Please feel free to pass the link to the survey to anyone you think might be
interested in participating in the study.

If you have any questions regarding this study, please feel free to contact
us via the email addresses provided.

Best wishes,

Natalie DeWitt (nkdewitt [at] Indiana [dot] edu)

David Lohrmann (dlohrman [at] Indiana [dot] edu)

Indiana University School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation

Department of Applied Health Sciences

--
Natalie DeWitt, MS, CHES
Associate Instructor
nkdewitt at gmail.com

“Food is our common ground, a universal experience.”
James Beard (1903-1985)