[Air-L] Q: Twitter text logs?

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 13:22:21 PDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Liz <nwjerseyliz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) There are some hashtag-related websites that collect Tweet "chats" that are organized around particular topics where a hashtag
> is used (such as "prchat", "educhat" "jounchal", etc.). You could examine the discussion that occurs over time from a particular set
> of user who are employed in a field or interested in it.

   That's the approach I'm taking right now.  I'm also fortunate
enough that the participants that use the hashtag are very organized
and publicly archive their discussions (they're moderated and
scheduled in advance).  And since it's all public I sailed through IRB
without a problem.
   What the hastag?! (http://wthashtag.com/Main_Page) seems to be a
popular choice for this kind of searching and monitoring of hashtags.
But like Twitter their archives don't seem to go back more than a few
days so you'll need to take that into consideration.

Kevin