[Air-L] Q: Twitter text logs?

Reynol Junco rey.junco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 16:56:09 PDT 2010

Doron,

I would recommend using the Twitter API directly. Here is the page in the
Twitter API Wiki that explains how to correctly call on the API for a search
: http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-Search-API-Method:-search.

When you make such a call into the API, it will return an XML file that can
be imported into MS Excel (Windows only-- sorry, fellow Mac users). I wrote
a step-by-step blog post on how to do this using the "user timeline" method
when we were in the middle of our Twitter research project last semester:
http://reyjunco.tumblr.com/post/219287195/how-to-export-twitter-updates-to-excel

If you want to download a lot of tweets, make sure you pay particular
attention to the *rpp* (returns per page) and the *page* parameters.

I have a lot of experience with this as we downloaded and archived almost
3,500 tweets during our 15-week-long study. So, please let me know if you
have any questions.

Best,

Rey Junco

--