[Air-L] Facebook Advertising Guidelines terms and conditions YOUR OPINION

Donna Bulford bulford at mac.com
Tue Mar 23 17:41:34 PDT 2010

HI All

My job is to bring advertisers into the Social Media through online casual games.
Facebook has a strict advertising policy.
I want everyone's academic opinion on the following terms and conditions..do you think they go beyond good taste and border on puritanical?

Facebook T and C's ...excerpt:

1.	Ads for dating sites, services, or related content must follow these targeting criteria (does not apply to ads on Facebook Platform):
1.	the Relationship Status targeting parameter must be utilized and set to Single;
2.	the Sex targeting parameter must be utilized and a single value of Male or Female must be selected;
3.	the Age targeting parameter must be utilized and the age range selected must start at least at 18 years old;
4.	the Interested In targeting parameter must be utilized and a single value of either Men or Women must be selected.

Also prohibitied:

2.	Ads cannot contain, facilitate, promote, or reference the following:
9.	Adult content, including nudity, sexual terms and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive or sexual, or provocative images in violation of community standards;
10.	Adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis;
11.	Adult toys, videos, or other adult products;

Please chime in ...I wouldl ike to hear as many opinions as possible on the matter.

I am trying to work with alternative dating sites...and many of them allow users to be "in a relationship" or "married" and still participate in the site.  Obviously as the T and Cs state above ..Facebook doe snot allow this.

Thanks