[Air-L] canada is different

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat May 22 15:04:49 PDT 2010

Someone I don't know wanted my thoughts on the #Things trending topic.

Sorry, I don't have deep thoughts at a moment's notice.
I do refer folks to Fred Stutzman's nice commentary on the blog/study that
purported that black Americans were over-represented on (US) Twitter.

Especially because I live in Canada, and #things.. ain't Trending up here.
Quite properly Habs Goooooo is the #1 trending topic.
Glad to see that Ken Dryden is remembered too on Trending...

And folks in this international society, do remember that Twitter is used
well beyond the US. In fact, Yuri Takhteyev, Anatoliy Gruzd and I are
writing a paper that touches on international Twitter use.

May all your tweets be 140c
  Barry Wellman