[Air-L] Fwd: [CommunityInformaticsCanada] Re: [ciresearchers]Community Informatics comes to Facebook

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Mon May 31 03:16:49 PDT 2010

On 30-May-10, at 3:35 PM, Michael Gurstein wrote:

> I'm guessing that they are also including blogs but if they don't
> include
> personal emails/messages I'm not sure how it could be seen as an
> "invasion
> of privacy"...
>
> It is certainly intrusive/invasive in some way but I'm not really
> sure of
> the term to use since I think it has to be agreed that anything
> placed on
> the web in a manner which allows it to be publicly accessed (e.g. a
> Facebook
> wall or open profile or blog) can hardly be identified as "private".

No a facebook wall is supposed to be private if you set it as private.
You are allowed to op out of being google searchable on facebook.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.
kiitos paljon,  merci,  thank you and muchas gracias for reading.