[Air-L] AoIR 11.0 conference submission notifications

Marj Kibby Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
Mon May 3 15:22:08 PDT 2010

Hi all,

While I'd like to thank the reviewers for their positive comments and useful suggestions, I need to correct an impression of one reviewer who believed that giving the names of roundtable participants was a breach of anonymity guidelines, and who named two of the panel participants saying they "should have known better".

While a prepared paper should stand or fall on its own merits, and should therefore be anonymous, the success or failure of a roundtable discussion depends on the participants having the knowledge and experience to respond to issues raised by the audience. Knowing the participants in a round table is essential in judging its potential, and their details were requested in the guidelines.

No-one, including the individuals named by the reviewer, did anything improper in this submission.

Regards,
Marj

Associate Professor Marjorie Kibby
Discipline Convenor: Film, Media and Cultural Studies
School of Humanities and Social Science
The University of Newcastle  Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
+61 2 49216604