[Air-L] Public perception of virtual worlds, gamers/users

Alejandro Tortolini alemtor at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:55:14 PDT 2010

Dear CarrieLynn:
I know the works of Celia Pierce, a researcher and active game player,
member of a community that suffered a diaspore when its servers went
offline.
Here you have some links:
"Communities of Play: The Social Construction of Identity in
Persistent Online Game Worlds"
http://www.lcc.gatech.edu/~cpearce3/PearcePubs/PearceSP-Final.pdf
"Communities of play: the Uru Diaspora" http://cpandfriends.com/?p=47
About Celia Pierce (interview):