[Air-L] IPID ICT4D Posgraduate Conference 2010: Call for communications

Ismael Peña-López ictlogist at ictlogy.net
Thu May 27 01:18:41 PDT 2010

(apologies for crossposting -- please RT)

the <a href="http://www.humanit.org/PID">International Network for
Postgraduate Students in the Area of ICT4D</a></strong> (IPID) will be
held the 9th-10th September 2010 at Universitat Politècnica de
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.</p>

much more informal and constructive than usual. Its main purpose is
twofold:</p>
<ul>
<li>To let postgraduate students present short papers about their
research in a supportive environment where they can gain positive
feedback from other participants;</li>
<li>To provide an opportunity to discuss key themes of interest to
ICT4D postgraduates. The conference organisers would be pleased to
hear from potential participants about the themes they would like to
have discussed.</li>
</ul>

<h4>Ways to participate:</h4>
<ul>
<li>If you are a postgraduate student — master, PhD — in ICT4D, this
is your place. Come and share your research, <em>whatever</em> the
stage of development it is in. You'll get guidance and support, and
will meet with other people like you struggling in this <a
href="http://ictlogy.net/bibciter/reports/bibliographies.php?idb=62">new
discipline</a>.</li>
<li>If you are a scholar and want to be aware of the cutting edge
research on ICT4D, this is your place too: the ideas presented in the
conference are always thrilling in many ways. You might want to
organize a workshop and/or be part of our senior board that'll help
too in providing some structured feedback to the students presenting
their research.</li>
<li>If you are a practitioner or a policy-maker in ICT4D, we saved
room for you too. Though the event is academic in its essence, you'll
see plenty of applied work and theoretical background to base that
applied work.</li>
</ul>

<h4>Important data:</h4>
<ul>
<li>When: 9 and 10 September, 2010</li>
<li>Where: Campus Nord, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya,
Barcelona, Spain</li>
<li><a href="http://www.humanit.org/PID/wiki/index.php/ICT4D_Symposium_2010">Official
website</a></li>
<li><strong><a href="https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFAwUU5RRGlvaFBQYm9uTUJwRll0NVE6MQ">Registration
<li><a href="http://www.humanit.org/PID/blog/tag/ipid2010/">Official
blog</a></li>
<li>Official tag: <a
href="http://search.twitter.com/search?q=ipid2010/">
#ipid2010</a></li>
<li>Communication offers close 1st July 2010</li>
<li>Registration closes on 15th August 2010</li>
</ul>

href="http://www.humanit.org/PID/blog">IPID's blog</a>, where we will
publish a link to the registration form. Fees will not be higher than
140€ and we are working to keep them at 0€. Fees will include all
meals and materials during the event (coffee breaks, lunch and dinner
for days 9th and 10th). Accomodation in Barcelona will cost you circa
50€ if you find place on a students residence (we're working on that
too).</p>

spread the word!</p>

--
Ismael Peña-López