[Air-L] Question on qualitative research tools

Stefano De Paoli Stefano.DePaoli at nuim.ie
Thu May 27 00:12:13 PDT 2010

Hi Lois,

I think it depends on how much you expect from a package.

There are a few Free and Open Source software around:

- WeftQDA http://www.pressure.to/qda/
Basic, but it does the essential code-retrieving (in a grounded theory
fashion) and manipulates both TXT and PDF format

- RQDA http://rqda.r-forge.r-project.org/
Works on top of GNU R and so, while it does code-retrieving it might
be used to integrate Qualitative with statistics

- TAMS
http://tamsys.sourceforge.net/gtams/
(for lInux and Mac), is an Online Qualitative Research Software

there are others anyways around...you should try to google them.

On 26 May 2010 20:53, Lois Scheidt <lscheidt at indiana.edu> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm looking at possible qualitative software tools to use for my
> dissertation research. I know about NVIVO and Atlas.ti - both good
> both pricey. I'm wondering about cheaper possibilities and am
> particularly interested to hear impressions of Ethnograph
> (http://www.qualisresearch.com/) from current and former users. I
> would also love to know about freeware that would support ethnographic
> research.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lois
>
> --
> Lois Ann Scheidt
> Doctoral Candidate - School of Library and Information Science,
> Indiana University, Bloomington IN USA
> Webpage:  http://www.loisscheidt.com
> CV:  http://www.loisscheidt.com/cv.html
> Blog:  http://www.professional-lurker.com

My institutional page (not always updated with last achievements)
http://www.nuim.ie/nirsa/people/postdocs/stefano_de_paoli.shtml
===
Paper: https://journals.tdl.org/jvwr/article/view/865