[Air-L] IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2011 Rome, Italy, 24- 26 July 2011
ann-sofie.axelsson at chalmers.se
Fri Nov 12 02:17:48 PST 2010
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students
-- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions: 24 January 2011 --
IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2011 Rome, Italy, 24- 26 July 2011
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2011) Rome, Italy, 20 - 26 July 2011
* Conference background and goals
The IADIS Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (IHCI) 2011 conference aims to address the main issues of concern within Interface Culture and Design with a particular emphasis on the affective aspects of design, development and implementation of interfaces and the generational implications for design of human and technology interaction. This conference aims to explore and discuss innovative studies of technology and its application in interfaces and welcomes research in progress, case studies, practical demonstrations and workshops in addition to the traditional submission categories.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital Library (accessible on-line).
The proceedings will be indexed by EI Compendex and other entities.
* Best Papers
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems - ISSN: 1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
* Types of submissions
Full papers, Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
* Topics related to Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction are of interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Affective User-centred analysis, design and evaluation
- The value of Affective Interfaces/ Systems/Application/ Interaction
- Generational differences and technology design
- Measurement of success of emotional technology/interfaces
- Supporting user populations from difference generations
- Supporting user populations with Physical Disabilities
- Supporting user populations with Intellectual Disabilities
- Creativity Support Systems
- Emotional Design issues/methods/experiences for novel interfaces including tangible, mobile and ubiquitous computing, mixed reality
interfaces and multi-modal interfaces
- User studies and fieldwork
- Methodological implications of emotional user studies.
- Participatory design and cooperative design techniques
- Ethical issues in emotional design
- HCI education and design education
- Eliciting User Requirements
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline: 24 January 2011
- Notification to Authors: 25 February 2011
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration: Until 25 March 2011
- Late Registration: After 25 March 2011
- Conference: Rome, Italy, 24 - 26 July 2011
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Rome, Italy
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2011 Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
E-mail: secretariat at ihci-conf.org<mailto:secretariat at ihci-conf.org>
Web site: http://www.ihci-conf.org/
* Program Committee
Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction 2011 Conference Program Chair Katherine Blashki, University of Sydney, Australia
MCCSIS 2011 General Conference Co-Chairs Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.ihci-conf.org/committees.asp
* Registered participants in the Game and Entertainment Technologies conference may attend the other conferences part of MCCSIS 2011 free of charge.
Ann-Sofie Axelsson, Ph.D.
Department of Technology Management and Economics
Division of Technology and Society
Chalmers University of Technology
SE-412 96 Gothenburg
Phone: +46 31-772 11 19
Fax: +46 31-772 37 83
E-mail: annaxe at chalmers.se<BLOCKED::mailto:annaxe at chalmers.se>
More information about the Air-L