[Air-L] Social Networking in everyday life

Daniel Miller d.miller at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 21:50:36 PST 2010

Hi,
Just to say that I have carried out a study of everyday usage of Facebook in
Trinidad which will be published in March as a book `Tales from Facebook' by
Polity Press. This is a highly qualitative study and most of the data is a
presentation of the place of Facebook in the lives of twelve individuals who
represent different facets of its impact, followed by a general discussion
of the current usage of Facebook with respect to 15 different issues of
academic concern. There is quite a bit that relates to the details of usage
such as frequency of posting, genres of posting, impact on various kinds of
relationship from kinship to friendship amongst a range of people from youth
to the elderly, with the focus almost entirely on everyday life.

Danny Miller