[Air-L] Online research and Human Research Ethics

Kirsty Young Kirsty.Young at uts.edu.au
Sun Nov 21 21:21:23 PST 2010

Hello

I am currently writing a chapter to contribute to a book focused on ethics and adolescents and my focus is research of online spaces.  I am also a representative on my University's Human Research Ethics Committee, a committee which seeks guidance on the appropriate evaluation of research applications investigating online spaces.

As the ethical issues surrounding online research are of continued debate I wondered if anyone may be able to share their current institutional/organisational guidelines on these issues and/or recent research or discussion papers.  I am particularly interested in guidelines/papers prepared post-2008.

If not already established, I would be happy to set up a resource space for us to collate and access emerging knowledge in this area.

Kind regards
Kirsty

Dr Kirsty Young (PhD)
Senior  Lecturer
Faculty of Arts &  Social Sciences
University of Technology  Sydney

PO Box 222   Lindfield   NSW   2070
http://kirstyyoung.squarespace.com

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.