[Air-L] education researcher to assess video game and STEM (or STEAM) learning

Sheryl Grant sherylgrant at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 09:13:27 PST 2010

Greetings colleagues,

I offered to help Josh Hughes, a HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media &
Learning Competition winner in the Game Changer category, to connect with an
education researcher who has experience assessing games for learning,
specifically STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or STEAM
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math). Please see Josh's invitation
below:

Hello! My name is Josh Hughes, my team (Team KAIZEN www.teamkaizengames.com)
is one of the 2010 Digital Media Learning Competition LittleBigPlanet
winners. We have been contacted by the Department of Education and asked to
develop the concept for a game that could teach the S.T.E.A.M. initiative,
and we will be filling out the application later this month. As part of our
application, we will need a person who is an Education Researcher
(preferably someone who has published works in a peer-reviewed journal) who
can help asses if our new game would be helping people learn. We'd also be
interested in talking with potential content experts in the fields of
business math, physics and lesson plans involving video games. If you are
interested (or know someone who is) please email me at
zookey at teamkaizengames.com, thank you for your time!

Josh Hughes

Sheryl Grant
Director, Social Networking
HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media & Learning Competition

http://www.hastac.org
http://www.dmlcompetition.net
http://www.twitter.com/hastac