[Air-L] cfp - Mobile, digital and social media stream for ANZCA 2011

Clare Lloyd Clare.Lloyd at newcastle.edu.au
Wed Nov 10 19:04:35 PST 2010

[apologies for x-posting]

Dear AOIR colleagues,

First call for papers for the Mobile, digital and social media stream
for ANZCA 2011 – Communication on the Edge: Shifting Boundaries and
Identities 6-8 July 2011. The University of Waikato, Hamilton, New
Zealand.
www.management.ac.nz/anzca2011

FULL PAPERS DUE FOR REFEREEING: Monday 7th February 2011
ABSTRACTS FOR NON-REFEREED PAPERS: Monday 7th February 2011

Stream Coordinators: Clare Lloyd and Scott Rickard

Digital communication is impacting on our everyday lives, constantly
shifting and changing our personal relationships, and enhancing
opportunities to interact with others. Or does it? What challenges lie
ahead in an era when manufacturers dominate the market place, and
challenge our conceptions of our digital everyday lives with new apps,
services and devices? And in what ways are we adopting, adapting, and
appropriating technologies to improve our everyday communications? How
are social participation sites challenging our personal understanding of
risk, control and privacy? Or perhaps our identities are being
challenged by the ubiquitous camera; reconceptualising our notions of
who we are, and our locations both physical and virtual? How are
marginalised communities and organisations engaging with digital
communications; is the digital divide widening or narrowing?

The mobile, digital and social media stream welcomes submissions that
address the conference theme, and or contemporary issues in relation to
mobile communications, mobile media, social media, and digital media.

Further information can be obtained from the conference website and the
Stream Co-ordinators:
Scott Rickard srickard at swin.edu.au
Clare Lloyd clare.lloyd at newcastle.edu.au

Best wishes,
Clare

Dr Clare Lloyd
Associate Lecturer Communication
School of Design, Communication and Information Technology
The University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308

Email:    Clare.Lloyd at newcastle.edu.au
http://www.newcastle.edu.au/school/design-communication-it/