[Air-L] Social Networking in everyday life

Greg Wise Greg.Wise at asu.edu
Thu Nov 18 14:57:48 PST 2010

Radhika Gajjala gave me the term I was thinking of--I'm looking for more ethnographic or anthropological approaches to social networking (get up, get coffee, check facebook...). My class (on media and everyday life) has been looking at Michael Bull's Sounding Out the City about practices of iPod use in urban areas. I'm also thinking of Horst and Miller's book on the cell phone in Jamaica, or Miller's earlier book on the internet.

does that help?

cheers,

greg