[Air-L] The Fallacy of Facebook's "See Friendship" 'Feature'

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Fri Nov 19 07:40:05 PST 2010

Lisa Selin Davis did a story about this in TIME, Nov 18, 2010":

"The Trouble with Facebook's New 'See Friendship' Feature"

My key quote: "We all live in segmented, diversified worlds. We might be
juggling girlfriends, jobs or different groups of friends. But [Facebook
thinks] we're in one integrated community."

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,2032030,00.html#comments

In short, despite Facebook's name, they don't really understand the Social
Network Revolution.

  Barry Wellman