[Air-L] An idea worth sharing

Thomas Jones thomasallenjones at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:53:26 PST 2010

Sorry but it isnt about TED  :(

So I had an epiphany the other month that Ive finally had time to sit down
and do something about.

I recently had a conversation with a mentor of mine, and as we were
discussing my future academic and professional career plans (Internet Law),
we began talking about the state of the Internet, where it should go, its
evolved/evolving purpose, societies use of the Internet, and so on.

That has led me to register CyberCitizenry.org - an initiative to focus on
the ethical use of the Internet. It involves not just ethical use from a
public citizen point of view (pirating, online bullying, etc), but from a
governmental perspective as well (network neutrality, internet architecture,
information and telecommunications policy, ISP interference, etc). And
perhaps if and when it is successful, even international usage as well -
similar to what is covered in "Access Denied" and 'Access Restored".

If you are interested in this initiative please contact me.

--
Thomas Jones
http://www.TheOtherTomJones.com