[Air-L] Updated Due Dates: Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling, and Prediction Conference (SBP10)

Sun-Ki Chai sunki at hawaii.edu
Thu Nov 11 10:47:25 PST 2010

Due to numerous inquiries, we've updated the due dates on the papers for
the SBP10 (Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling, and
Prediction) <http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/conferences/sbp2011/>
conference.  Other updates: confirmed tutorials include Sandy Pentland
of the MIT Media Lab (named one of Time Magazine's 100 people most
likely to influence the 21st century), who will provied a four-hour
training course on use of mobile technology to generate social network
data.  Confirmed invited speakers include Kimberly Thompson, pioneer in
the application of quantitative risk assessment methodology to public
health issues.  For our grant information panel, we will have
representatives from NSF, NIH, AFOSR, and ONR, as well as possible other
agencies. We will update as more information comes in.  You may submit
full papers of no more than 8 pages or posters of no more than 6 pages.
We are especially interested in submissions from social scientists.  Due
to the short paper length required, this will will generally involve
cutting portions existing working papers, something that is feasible in
the time remaining, though apologies again for the short notice.  Here
is the revised timeline:

Paper/full text poster Due: November 15, 2010
Notification of acceptance: December 6, 2010
Camera-Ready due: December 20, 2010

Thanks,

Sun-Ki

*Sun-Ki Chai*, Associate Professor
??? (???)
*Email:* sunki at hawaii.edu <mailto:sunki at hawaii.edu>
*Web:* www2.hawaii.edu/~sunki/ <http://www2.hawaii.edu/%7Esunki/>
Office +1 808 956-7234
Message +1 808 956-7693
Fax +1 808 956-3707
Cell +1 808 741-4843 	Department of Sociology
2424 Maile Way, Saunders Hall 237
University of Hawai`i
Honolulu HI 96822 USA