[Air-L] Fwd: most popular passwords

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Nov 3 16:11:56 PDT 2010

forwarding on some sites that may aid you in keeping your stuff more secure.   there was just a mass release of 32million passwords from a major site, and people were asking on our local lists, so here's what our senior security expert provided.  I'm sharing it.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: randy marchany <marchany at vt.edu>
>

> http://www.dragonresearchgroup.org/insight/sshpwauth-cloud.html
>
> http://www.whatsmypass.com/the-top-500-worst-passwords-of-all-time
>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/news/imperva-rockyou-most-common-passwords,9486.html
>
> http://www.wiredfu.com/2010/01/most-popular-passwords/
>
> In addition, you can google for "most popular passwords" or "most common passwords". Even Twitter bans "obvious" passwords from being used. :-)
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or find any other good password list sites.
>
> -r.

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech

Live without dead time.
-graffitti Paris 1968