[Air-L] Social Networking in everyday life

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Fri Nov 19 08:18:32 PST 2010

Natalia Rybas did her phd on "Technoculture in Practice: Performing Identity
and Difference in Social Network Systems" mostly studying facebook (she was
my advisee) and draws on methodologies that may be useful to what you are
asking about, Greg.

And as I said in my offlist email to you - it looks like you are looking for
an anthropological/ethnographic approach - also sounds like what Danny
Miller describes in this thread will be useful too.

Radhika Gajjala
Director, American Culture Studies
Professor of Communication Studies and Cultural Studies
101 East Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH  43403

http://personal.bgsu.edu/~radhik