[Air-L] Online research and Human Research Ethics

Mary L. Gray qcentral at indiana.edu
Mon Nov 22 16:18:15 PST 2010

Hi all,

Kirsty,
The Appendix of my book takes up the question of investigating online spaces and the ethical issues it raised for my IRB...this has become the starting point for a new project on human subjects research with "vulnerable subjects"--youth, sexuality, and digital media methods in particular--and the cyberinfrastructure meant to manage research compliance (programs like CITI but also mundane things like PDF forms, etc that broker communication between researchers and IRB staff).

If you'd like, I can send you a PDF of the Appendix (but don't tell my publisher!)

; )

Best,
mary
____________________________
Mary L. Gray, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Communication and Culture
Affiliate Faculty, Gender Studies
Adjunct Faculty, American Studies
Adjunct Faculty, Anthropology
Indiana University
800 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405

Email: mLg at indiana.edu
Phone: 812-855-4379
Fax:  812-855-6014

BLOG for "Out in the Country, Youth, Media, and Queer Visibility in Rural America" (NYU Press 2009)
@ http://www.QUEERCOUNTRY.org