[Air-L] CFP: A Carnival of Feminist Cultural Activism: Conference and Festival]

Ann Kaloski Naylor ann.kaloski-naylor at york.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 15:03:09 PDT 2010

digital presentations actively encouraged

please distribute widely

Centre for Women's Studies, University of York, UK.
3-5 March 2011

www.feminist-cultural-activism.net

We welcome proposals for a three-day international festival and conference
of performances, exhibitions, academic papers & workshops.

We ask: can feminist art* change the world and, if so, how?
and we invite responses from activists, artists and academics.

*street theatre :: film :: poetry :: music :: knitting :: zines ::
digital media :: podcasts :: dance :: performance :: painting :: puppetry
:: textiles :: sketches :: pottery :: blogs :: cartoons :: novels ::
:: comedy :: sculpture :: posters :: comics :: tweeting :: and so on

We welcome people new to presenting and performing as well as those with
years of expertise and experience. The event is designed to generate action
as well as debate, and to inspire, celebrate & challenge understandings of
women, grassroots art & politics. It is a deliberately open invitation -
surprise us!

Please send draft ideas asap, and full 300-word proposals for papers,
panels, exhibitions, workshops and performances, plus a 50-word biography,
by 31 October 2010.

Contact:

E: carnival at feminist-cultural-activism.net

P: Carnival of feminist cultural activism
Centre for Women's Studies
University of York
Heslington
York
Yo10 5DD
UK

W: www.feminist-cultural-activism.net

See website for further details or email if you have queries.