[Air-L] Need help: virtual worlds and games grass-root rebellions

Bridget Ward bward at ist.psu.edu
Sun Oct 10 14:09:41 PDT 2010

I don't believe this posted the first time I mailed it. Sorry if it's a double post!

Alejandro,

I'm actually working on this topic for my dissertation work. There are A LOT of examples out there. The blog Terra Nova has covered many of them and has some interesting insights into the area (http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nova/2005/02/the_right_to_as.html). I would browse through their back posts as well.

Additionally, Bruce Robinson has done quite a bit of work on this topic as well. I know he has a book chapter:
Title   Labour's Second Life : from a Virtual Strike on Union Island
Book    Virtual Social Networks: Mediated, Massive and Multiplayer sites'
Ed: Niki Panteli (Palgrave)- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/023022928X/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-page

If you would like to contact me off the list I'll be happy to pass along some of my publications on the topic as well as additional information I may have.

Bridget Blodgett