[Air-L] Malcom Gladwell Exchange on ThickCulture

Seda Guerses sguerses at esat.kuleuven.be
Tue Oct 12 03:46:52 PDT 2010

maybe this article written from a surveillance studies perspective is
also interesting:

Facebook Feeding Frenzy: Resistance-through-Distance and Resistance-
through-Persistence in the Societied Network
Andrés Sanchez
http://www.surveillance-and-society.org/ojs/index.php/journal/article/viewArticle/frenzy

best,
s.

Those of you on the list might be interested in this exchange
(here<http://thesocietypages.org/thickculture/2010/10/08/social-activism-social-media-malcolm-gladwell%E2%80%99s-view-of-weak-ties/
here<http://thesocietypages.org/thickculture/2010/10/09/whither-the-tipping-point-why-malcolm-gladwell-forgot-about-his-first-book-in-his-last-article/
and here<http://thesocietypages.org/thickculture/2010/10/11/facebook-does-not-promote-activism-so-what/
 >)
we are having on the blog
ThickCulture<http://thesocietypages.org/thickculture/>about Maclom
Gladwell's recent article in the New Yorker about activism and
social networking.

Thanks :-)
jose

BTW, if you're interested in promoting work/developing ideas on the
blog,
shoot me an e-mail at jfmarichal at gmail.edu.