[Air-L] More ICA reviewers still needed

Gil De Zuniga, Homero hgz at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 26 20:41:57 PDT 2010

Hola all ~
I just wanted to bring to your attention the following message from James Katz, as more reviewers for ICA-CAT Division are needed.
I hope you all are doing fine.
Best,
HGZ

**Help make ICA-CAT 2011 a high-quality event for all**

Dear Colleagues,
Your assistance is vital to making the 2011 ICA annual meeting in Boston a positive experience for all concerned.  May we count on you to serve our Division as a reviewer?  Plus, the more volunteers we have, the lighter the load is for each altruistic scholar (such as yourself) who helps our organization.

What are critical dates?
Paper submissions are due Monday, November 1, 2010, and you would receive your assignments about one week later.  All papers will be accessible online.  Reviews are due Sunday, December 5, 2010.

How do I get involved?
PLEASE sign in to volunteer from the website
(http://www.icahdq.org/index.asp) and look under "Paper Submission and Management." When you sign in, you will see three options: submit or edit a proposal, volunteer to be a reviewer, and message center.

When you enter the section of "volunteer to be a reviewer," PLEASE kindly ask you to provide the following information, which is critical to helping the speedy and appropriate processing of review assignments:

1. Identify your status as "student" or not 2. Put in the "Qualifications" box 5-8 keywords from the following list.

Advertising / Persuasion
Audience Research/ Consumer Psychology
Blogs
Communication Methods & Measures
Computer-mediated Communication (CMC)
Critical Cultural
Culture
Diffusion / Adoption / Tech Acceptance
Digital Divide / Access
e-Democracy / e-Govt / Civic Engagement
Emotion / Enjoyment / Engagement
Entertainment / Music / Reality TV
e-Commerce
Ethics
Gender / Feminist
Health Communication
Human-computer Interaction (HCI)
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) Instructional Communication / e-learning Interactivity Intercultural Communication International Communication Internet Use Interpersonal Communication Journalism / Mass Communication Knowledge / Information Management Media Effects Theories Media Literacy Media Management Media Psychology Mobile Technologies Open Source / Software Development Organizational Communication / CSCW Policy/aw Political Communication Presence Privacy / Surveillance Public Relations / Strategic Communication Qualitative Race / Minority Social Capital / Social Impact Social Informatics Social Network Analysis Social Networking / Online Communities Use and Gratifications Video Games Virtual Reality / Communities / Avatars Visual Communication

How else can I be involved?
If you are interested in serving as a panel chair or discussant, please email me at ica.cat2010 at gmail.com.

James Katz
Chair, Communication and Technology Division International Communication Association ica.cat2010 at gmail.com