[Air-L] job: information policy (Information Science, Cornell University)

Tarleton Gillespie tlg28 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 5 10:16:44 PDT 2010

-All-

I wanted to bring to your attention that Cornell's Information Science program is hiring this year, in the area of information policy. Some members of this listserv may be very interested. The deadline is Nov 15, 2010. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the search committee, or with me directly if you like, if you have any questions.

-Tarleton-

Tarleton Gillespie
Department of Communication
Department of Information Science
Cornell University

= = =
Information Science at Cornell (www.infosci.cornell.edu) is an interdisciplinary department within the Faculty of Computing and Information Science (www.cis.cornell.edu), bringing together from across the campus those interested in studying information systems in their social, cultural, economic, historical, legal, and political contexts. We are seeking to fill a tenure-track faculty position, broadly in the area of information policy. Areas of interest may include:

- the sociology or anthropology of information policy;
- contemporary debates (e.g., privacy, net neutrality, security);
- the interactions and tensions between the legal and the technological;
- the politics and/or economics of information institutions;
- the implications of information policy for design or practice.

Applications should be received by November 15, 2010, but we will begin processing applications in early November. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The application package should include a curriculum vita, brief statements of research and teaching interests, and at least three letters of reference. Writing samples, or links to their online counterparts, are encouraged. Additional information on the job openings and application process is available at the following application website. [http://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/Cornell/IS]

Cornell University, located in Ithaca, New York, is an inclusive, dynamic, and innovative Ivy League university and New York's land-grant institution. Its staff, faculty, and students impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas and best practices to further the university's mission of teaching, research, and outreach.

For assistance send questions to: fac_recruit at infosci.cornell.edu

Cornell University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator and welcomes applications from women and ethnic minorities.

http://www.infosci.cornell.edu/jobs/index.html