[Air-L] position announcement: MSU dept of Telecomm, Info Studies and Media

Nicole Ellison nellison at msu.edu
Tue Oct 19 14:09:23 PDT 2010

Hi all,

My colleagues and I are looking for two awesome new media scholars to join our interdisciplinary department! Please see announcement below. Unfortunately I won't be in Sweden, but I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Thanks, Nicole

Two Faculty Positions

AT&T Scholars

Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media

Michigan State University

The Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media (TISM) at Michigan State University invites applications for two tenure stream faculty positions, each carrying the title of AT&T scholar. These positions are supported in part by an endowment from the AT&T Foundation. Each position may be filled at either the assistant or associate professor level.

Successful candidates are expected to gain recognition through peer reviewed scholarly publications and to pursue external funding to support their research. Applications are encouraged from scholars working within a diverse range of disciplinary and methodological traditions whose research addresses the impact, use, design, or management of information and communication technologies. A PhD in a relevant discipline is required.

The TISM department is home to a dynamic, interdisciplinary faculty internationally renowned for their cutting-edge research on the uses and implications of information and communication technologies and other media. Our curricula address both the theoretical and practical aspects of media use, and our alumni have achieved positions of prominence in industry, government, and academia. Projects involving cross-disciplinary teams are actively pursued and encouraged. Current research foci of the department include social media, serious games, ICT for development, ecommerce, economics and policy for the communications sector, and content for new media platforms. The department also houses programs in film, documentary and media design.

 Direct questions and applications via email with the subject heading "AT&T Scholar" to Professor Steve Wildman, Search Committee Chair, Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media, Communication Arts Building, East Lansing, MI 48824-1212; phone: (517) 432-8004; email: swildman at msu.edu.

 Applicants should submit electronically: (1) a cover letter summarizing their qualifications for the position, (2) a current vita, (3) 3-5 representative scholarly works (4) evidence of effective teaching and (5) the names and contact information for three individuals willing to serve as recommenders, who may be contacted by the search committee. The search committee will begin considering applications on December 1, 2010.

MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.

Nicole Ellison
Associate Professor
Dept. Of Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media
Michigan State University
nellison at msu.edu